Questions about your order?.…Don't hesitate to contact us….whizbangbooks@bci.net

Writings of a Deliberate Agrarian: One Man's Ruminations About Faith, Family & Livin' The Good Life

Photobucket
Description: 5.5" x 8.5", Paperback, 133 pages
Availability: In Stock
Price: $12.95 (postage paid)






CLICK HERE FOR A PRINT & MAIL ORDER FORM

Writings of a Deliberate Agrarian is the least-known but best-loved book I've ever written. It contains 32 short stories that revolve around my home, my family, my Christian faith, and the rural self reliance we enjoy on our little homestead.

But this volume is far more than a bunch of feel-good personal stories. The book is an introduction to, and celebration of, Christian-agrarianiam. As such, it provides a clear and compelling solution to the many ills of our selfish, shallow, materialistic modern culture.

In other words, this is a countercultural call for revolutionary change. I don't mean revolution in the violent sense, or even the political sense. I mean revolutionary change in the personal and family sense... by getting back the basics of faith, family & simple rural life.

A secular book distributor I sent the book to told me I should find a more "religious" distributor to market it. A Christian book distributor has told me (in so many words) that the book does not fit with the kinds of books they sell. Well, no, I don't suppose it does. That being the case, it would appear that I have written an "underground" book. Some might even consider it subversive. I just call it my life.

Those who have "discovered" Writings of a Deliberate Agrarian, and have read it for themselves, have given me some remarkably heart-warming feedback. People tell me of the emotions that the stories evoke in them. Anger, surprise, sadness, joy, and laughter are the typical emotions. One reader told me that if anyone can read the book without shedding a tear, they have no heart.

Most readers mention how the book made them think very seriously about the kind of lifestyle they live. A few have disagreed with my beliefs and conclusions but said they liked the way I presented them. I take that as a compliment.

My sister-in-law loaned the book to a man in my town. He saw me at the post office one day and remarked that he had just read the book. I asked him what he thought of it. "oh, it's very...[hesitation while he thinks]...INTERESTING." He said that with a friendly, but ever-so-smarmy, smile. The point being, some people aren't quite sure what to think about it.

The most surprising thing to me about this book has been the number of families who have read it aloud as a family, and then discussed the stories. I never expected that, but the book certainly is "family friendly."

Some people have bought a copy of the book to give to their local library. That's neat. But better than that was when a woman bought a copy of the book to give to each of the teenage girls in her Sunday school class.

Many readers have mentioned to me that they made their way through all 133 pages of the book in one sitting! And then they read it again.

All of which is to say: If you buy a copy of this book, I think you're going to appreciate it. At the very least, you'll find it....INTERESTING. :-)